Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SLC vs Puddletown

Casey and I just got back from a brief visit to Salt Lake City. Here is what I took away from the experiance.

Food:
Hands down, Portland is a better food town. I'm not sure of the reason, but the Foodie in me was not satisfied. SLC (or Utah in general) needs to find a signature food or and master it. That would make me happy. For now, I'm just spoiled with delicious breakfast places all over town each serving up a unique twists on old favorites. As transportation costs increase, I'm worried about the cost of shipping most quality foods a greater distance. The vegetative diversity of the Pacific Northwest is tough to compete with.

Weather:
The first day was nice. The second day was not. I definitely get the feeling that days of rain are less frequent that day of dryness. Growing up in an semiarid climate, I would enjoy that.

Driving:
SLC definitely has Portland beat when it comes to driving. Less congestion, wider roads and etc.

Like I said, it was a brief trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment